The havoc caused by mice is so annoying that anyone can go an extra mile just to make sure these rodents are eliminated from his home. We have had so many unfortunate stories where these destructive pests eat up very important documents that meant a whole lot to people. Thankfully, there is an effective way out to combat these rodents.
There are a number of ways to get rid of rodents from our homes, but the most effective of all is by using pet safe mouse poison or pet safe mouse repellent. They do an excellent job in getting rid of rodents without being harmful to our pets.
Now, not all rat poisons are safe to use. Some are effective, but harmful to our cats and dogs. This article will help you to identify the best mouse killers and what to look out for before buying one.
Although there is pet safe mouse trap for combating rodents, it has been observed that mouse poison is the most effective way of killing all mice. Using mouse trap may be nice for just a short time because when the mice notice their mates have been trapped down by the snare, they become smarter and start evading the trap. But with mouse poison, food is used as bait, which is very difficult for the mice to resist.
When using this poison, it is essential that you place it in strategic locations. An intriguing thing about it is that when a mouse feeds on the poison, it entices others to have a taste of the meal. This process helps to kill as many mice as possible compared to the predictable trap method. Below are some factors that determine the best mouse poison:
· Safety – Are they safe for kids and pets?
· Strength – Bromadiolone and Difenacoum are the two ingredients to check out for. They are very effective in killing rats.
· Forms – mouse poison comes in different forms; bait sachet, tube paste, and mouse poison pellets. The most common on the market is the pellets. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
There are different types and brands of mouse poison available in the market, which makes it pretty difficult to lay hands on the best. Of course, everybody wants product that will completely end mice troubles in his home, but you must understand that not all of them are as effective as supposed. If you have shopped for mouse poison and you are tired of making the right choice, here are a few tips that may help you out:
· Ask friends and family. You are certainly not the only one having mice in your home. There may be some family members or friends that are facing same issue or have faced it in the past. Relating your plight to them might be a helpful step to take. They must have used an effective mouse poison that worked fine for them and are willing to reveal it to you. This way, you don’t have to pass through the daunting task of getting one without being pre-informed about it.
· Check reviews online. If you are getting a mouse poison online, it is easy for you to know which is effective or not by going through customers’ review. The review may not be 100% satisfactory, but with comments from customers you can tell which is best for you. You need to know if the seller has good customer service so that you don’t end up being frustrated in the process of buying one.
· Budget. This is the number one pre-determined factor when buying any item. Different brands have different price for their products. So you need to look for poison that falls within your budget.
If you are looking for mouse killer safe for pets, The Tomcat mouse killer will do you good. It has a refillable station. It works effectively, and also provide the highest degree of station security. From a lab test carried out, it was observed that for each bait block placed in strategic places, a minimum of 10 mices are killed. Tomcat mouse killer is not affected by weather, has no effect if tempered by dogs or kids, thus making it safe to use. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
· Effective for elimination of mice
· Palatable, thus attracting more mice
· Has no effect on kids and pets
· It works quickly
· Mice start avoiding it after some time
· Roaches feed on the mouse killer
Havoc cat safe mouse poison is a fast action poison that’s effective for killing mice completely. It is made of palatable and poisonous ingredients that attract and kill rodents in a short period of time. The interesting part about this mouse bait is that it can be used in all weather, and a single feed is enough to kill the mice. They are suitable for use especially around or in agricultural buildings where there seems to be a high concentration of rodents.
· Made of special attractants for rapid action
· Can be used in all weather
· Single feed is enough to kill mice and rats
· Makes an area mice and rat-free in a few weeks
· Suitable for use in agricultural buildings
· Difficult for bigger rats to get into bait stations
JT Eaton is a company that is known for producing pest control products. If you are still asking how does mouse poison work or not convince about its effectiveness, this product will give you the best answer. JT Eaton Bait Block Rodenticide has a peanut butter flavor that’s highly effective in attracting mice and killing them completely. Among other active ingredients used in formulation is 0.005% of Diphacinone, which is capable of killing smaller mice and pest within few days after feeding. It comes in 144 packs of 1 ounce rodenticide blocks. It also got you covered with a 1 year limited warranty against defective materials and workmanship.
· Highly flavored to attract rodents and pest quickly
· Highly effective for eliminating mice
· Single feeding is enough to kill even rats
· Repels other dangerous reptiles
· Not suitable for bigger rats
· Takes some days after eating for the mice to die
Decon mouse poison remains one of the best and effective mouse baits on the market. It is produced in America by a reputable company that’s best known for pest control products. This product is developed to eliminate mouse in just a single feeding, thanks to the powerful formula that contains Brodifacoum. D-con Mouse Profe II is uniquely designed in a wedge shape, which helps to reduce the messiness during placement. It can get to difficult-to-reach areas and can effectively kill warfarin-resistant mice that are proving hard to get. It comes in a 1.5 oz. package.
· America’s number one brand of mouse poison
· Highly effective to use
· Eliminate rats in just a single feeding
· Effective for killing warfarin-resistant mice
· Can get to difficult-to-reach areas
· It is quite expensive
· It is harmful, and should be handled with care
For any rat poison to work efficiently, it has to be well designed to easily attract mice. This is the main feature that makes Farnam Just One Bite exceptional. This mouse poison has nibble ridges that rodents find very interesting to chew. It contains Bromadiolone, a powerful ingredient that is capable of killing rats and mice after a feeding. It kills Norway rats, roof rats, and house mice. You can either break 1 bar into 2 chunks and place in bait stations or mount them on wall depending on the size and type of mice troubling you.
· Highly effective and efficient
· Well designed to attract mice
· Kills all kinds of rats and mice
· Contains Bromadiolone for fast killing
· Care should be taking when using it
· Not effective for squirrels
This is the last but not the least of best mouse poison on our list. It kills many mice with just few baits which makes it economical. It contains Bromethalin, and ingredient that is powerful enough to eliminate rats. It is uniquely formulated such that mice and rats stop feeding after a lethal dose. It comes in a disposable bait which makes it easier to use. Before use, it is advisable to wear hand gloves since you are dealing with poison.
· It is durable
· Water resistant
· Kills rodents in just a single feeding
· Eliminate tough resistant mice
· Highly effective
· Extra care should be taking when handling
· Rats die after some days.
If you were having troubles choosing a pet safe mouse poison, reading this article will give you a comprehensive guide on how to make the right choice, what to look for before buying, and a list of the best mouse killers available in the market.
You may also like:
This post was last updated on September 21st, 2017 at 07:12 am