Bathtubs are the most relaxing places in the whole house. You can't argue with that, can you?
After a tiring and stressful day, there is nothing as relaxing as taking a refreshing soak in the bathtub and get rid of the tiredness from the mind as well as the dirt from the body.
However, to make the bathing a refreshing and good one, it is important that the bathtub is clean enough. The most common problem with this is that they tend to get dirty with the soap scum, grime or mildew
A dirty and dingy bathtub would definitely not give you the revitalizing feeling as you would feel yucky and not comfortable to use it with full of stains and marks. To add to that, a dirty bathtub also ruins the whole appearance of the bathroom and makes the whole space look and feel grungy.
Best ways to clean a bathtub
It is thus important that you do the needful to keep the bathtub spic and span. There are many different ways to do that actually. Let us take a quick look:
- Clean the tub with warm and clean water right after bathing. That will ensure that the soap scum or mildew does not get a chance to get deposited at all
- Use vinegar solutions to clean the bathtub
- Use specifically formulated bathtub cleaners to get the best results and a sparkling clean and shining bathtub
What to look for in the best bathtub cleaner
When it is time to look for the best bathtub cleaner, there are certain factors that help in choosing the best one out of the whole list of products that are available for sale. These factors include:
- Ability to remove stains – Not all bathtub cleaners prove to be very effective on certain stains and spots. Buying those would be a sheer waste of money
- Quantity required – It would not be justified to pour the whole bottle to clean the bathtub once. Products that need nothing more than a spray of 2-4 ounces per wash are good to go
- Ingredients – In their effort to make the bathtub cleaner effective n hard stains, many manufacturers add a lot of harsh chemicals like acids or bleaching agents to the formula. These should be avoided as not only will they be harmful for human use, but would also cause damage to the septic system. Naturally derived, plant-based formulas are the best picks
- Versatility – While as long as the product cleans the bathtub well it should be good to go, however, there is no harm if the product can clean a number of other surfaces as well. That would save you some money as well as space to store bottles containing different types of cleaners for different purposes
Top Bathtub Cleaners 2017
Depending on the factors as mentioned above, we have reviewed the popular bathtub cleaners and have shortlisted three of the best bathtub cleaners that give the best cleaning and the best value for money as well: