Area rugs can be used in any place of your home.
You may ask why should I use it in my kitchen?
Well, it can protect your floors, be a good padding to walk on, and also give your kitchen a stylish look. But before you buy area rugs for your kitchen you need to understand which are the best ones on the market and what factors should you look for while buying it.
So, what to look for when buying Kitchen Rugs?
- Match the Existing Decor – Whether you are buying a new rug or not, it is very much important to make sure that it matches the décor of your floor and the coordinates. If your kitchen décor has bright colors then you can choose a neutral color rug which can be very much helpful. In case you are looking to increase the color contrast choose a solid color one that will give your kitchen a nice look.
- Consider the Weave Type – In case you work a lot in your kitchen then it is necessary that you get a flatweave rug for your kitchen. This can give you a good level of comfort while you are standing on it you are moving. The fabric can be cotton or fibers which will allow you to wash them in the washing machine. In case you have tiles, it is better to choose a high-pile rug for your kitchen. This will make sure the noise is less and it will also add to the décor.
- Comfort – Thick rug can be really good to give you a luxurious feel but to make sure you do not hart your feet in the kitchen you need something else. If you need to work in the kitchen for long hours, it is better to use an anti-fatigue rug.
- Cleanability – While looking for area rugs for kitchen floor it is essential that you think about cleaning as well. The rug is bound to get dirt and spills on it, so you will need to clean it but if the rug is too heavy or made of such material that you cannot put in your washing machine, then washing that one might be a little bit hectic. To keep your rugs clean and in good condition, it is recommended that you take regular care for it and clean it as well
Check the below video on how to keep your area rugs from slipping around:
Top Area Rugs for Kitchen 2017
So, now that you have the idea how you can choose the proper one, let’s go through the top 2017 area rugs that are best in its category:
Ottomanson 8’ x 10’ Modern Area Rug
CHECK AMAZON PRICE
This rug is elegant in looks and is made of nylon pile. It also comes with a rubber back pad so that it does not slide in a slippery surface. The quality of this rug is really good and the colors do not fade over the years. The size of the rug is 8 X 10 ft. which is quite larger and can be used in your living or bed room. The design options are really attractive and it has a nice brown border which enables it to have a nice look.
You can use it on hardwood surface and it can give your room a simple look as well. You can regularly vacuum it and that will be all with the maintenance part.
- Rubber pad included to make sure it does not slide
- Made out of nylon pile to keep it out of dirt and soil
- Lasts long and the colors are really good
- You can use the same chocolate bordered design to décor your rooms.
- Have to be gentle with the cleaning, better to use vacuum to clean the rug
- The thickness is not really good enough
- You cannot wash it properly, it will fall apart
Persian-Rugs 5’ x 7’- Area Rug
CHECK AMAZON PRICE
This geometric style area rug is one of the best rugs for kitchen. It is kind of soft and feels good when you walk on them. It can really go well with the décor of the home and room. The quality of this rug is really high and the material used is polypropylene which is stain resistant too.
The size if 5 X 7 ft. which is good enough size to fit any room.
You can choose the color combination that will match your décor the most. The design is really unique to give your room a nice look.
- Push and soft and feels nice to walk.
- Material used is polypropylene which is really good for dirt resistant.
- Cleaning and maintenance is really easy.
- The thickness is not up to the mark and it does not stand against the price it comes it.
- The edges should be straight but instead it has wavy edges that do not go well with any décor.
- There is a bad chemical smell
Home Dynamix Royalty Geometric 5’ x 7’Modern Area Rug
CHECK AMAZON PRICE
This is a beautiful looking rug to own. It can last for long and quite durable as well. This can be the best choice for bedroom, guest room or even at the office as well. The geometric design of the rug gives the room a contemporary look. The quality of the rug is quite good and it is stain and spill resistant. The rug is quite thick and you can feel the plush under your legs. There are varieties of designs available and the style and color combinations are different.
- You can get a soft and plush feel. The quality of the material is very high.
- Sizes are different for different rooms and you can choose any size you want.
- Stain and spill resistant and also this rug is durable and long lasting.
- Easy to care really. You can vacuum them and it will be clean and sturdy throughout the day.
- The only thing that it has as negative is that it smells really bad
You may also like: